Wednesday

A little more Aviation History from this corner of the Desert

The history of aviation in this little corner of the desert southwest is truly amazing.  From the early Rodeo Intermediate Airfield to more modern uses of aircraft in the valley aviation has influenced the area since its' inception.  I recently came across this image taken at the Douglas Fairgrounds, circa 1910, of an early monoplane constructed locally.  Probably built by the Douglas flying club it shows several men including W. K. Morrow (in the bowler hat) whose family ranched in the Chiricahuas for many years.  Just reinforces the notion that aviation still has a place here.


A Pearse monoplane in Douglas AZ.  Photo from the Morrow Family website

3 comments:

  1. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting blog. A lot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that attract others, but I'm most definitely interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete